Microsoft recently introduced a series of exciting updates to Microsoft 365. These new developments are not only the result of the company’s ongoing quest for excellence, but also represent a direct response to user needs and feedback. From video editing and integrated navigation to mobile-optimized features, these new features are intended to take productivity and collaboration to the next level. Let’s dive into the heart of these innovations and find out how they can enrich our experience with Microsoft 365.
|Microsoft 365 Personal||68,99€|
|Microsoft 365 Family||89,99€|
|Microsoft 365 Business Basic||91,99€|
Microsoft has integrated two new tools, Designer and Clipchamp Templates, which make it easier to create aesthetically pleasing documents and high-quality videos, respectively. Designer offers a set of predefined and customizable templates for every occasion, making it easier than ever to produce professional-looking documents. On the other hand, Clipchamp is an intuitive video editor that offers editing tools, special effects, and sharing options, making video production affordable for everyone. Want to get started with Microsoft 365? Read our definitive guide to Microsoft 365 Personal. If you’re still not convinced you want to switch to the subscription-based Office package, read our Microsoft 365 review.
How Designer and Clipchamp work
Accedi al tuo account:
- Open your favorite browser.
- In the address bar, type “Microsoft365.com” and press enter.
- On the login page, enter your credentials (email address and password) associated with your Microsoft 365 account.
- Click the “Sign In” button.
Start a new project:
- Once in your Microsoft 365 workspace, locate the “Create New” option usually located at the top or side of the dashboard.
- In the drop-down menu or options displayed, you will have several choices for starting a new project.
- If you wish to work on a design, click on “Designer.” This option will take you to a suite of tools designed to help you create aesthetically pleasing and professional documents.
- If your goal instead is to create or edit a video, select “Clipchamp.” This will open an intuitive video editing environment that allows you to edit, add effects, and share your video with ease.
Microsoft 365 browser add-in
Browsing the web while accessing your documents has never been easier. With the new browser add-in, users can directly access their Office files, take notes and integrate web information with their Microsoft 365 suite without ever having to leave the browser.
- Start your Edge or Chrome browser.
- Go to the relevant add-in store: for the app on Edge, go to the Microsoft Store; for Chrome, visit the Chrome Web Store.
- Once you locate the add-in, click the “Install” or “Add” button to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Using the add-in:
- Once the installation is complete, you will notice an icon depicting the Microsoft 365 logo in the taskbar of your browser. This icon represents the add-in you just installed.
- Select this icon to open the add-in view.
- At this point, you will have quick access to your documents, notes, and other Microsoft 365 features directly from your browser, without the need to open a new tab or page.
Installing and using the Microsoft 365 add-in for Edge or Chrome gives you greater efficiency, allowing you to quickly access your Microsoft files and services without interrupting your browsing. Good work!
Microsoft 365 widget for iOS
Apple users have not been forgotten! The new Microsoft 365 widget for iOS provides quick and efficient access to recent documents, scheduled tasks and emails. This feature allows users to maintain productivity even when on the go, with all essential information at their fingertips on their iOS device.With the new widgets, iOS users can now perform a variety of tasks directly from the Home screen of their devices.
Three types of Widgets are available:
- Small widget: Minimalist and compact, this widget allows you to create new content with a single tap, taking up minimal space on your Home screen.
- Medium widget: With an intermediate size, it offers the ability to create as many as three different types of content, directly from the Home.
- Large Widget: This is the most comprehensive widget, allowing you to not only create three types of content but also access recent files with a single tap.
How to add and use widgets:
- Launch the Microsoft 365 app on your iOS device.
- On the Home screen, press and hold an empty area until the icons start “wobbling”.
- Tap the “Add” button located in the upper left corner.
- Browse the list and select the desired Microsoft 365 widget.
- Choose your preferred size and tap “Add Widget“.
- Finish the operation by tapping “Finish“.
- If you want to change widget options, hold the widget itself and select “Edit Widget” from the menu that appears. After making changes, tap outside the widget to confirm.
The new widgets can be placed both on the Home screen and in the “Today” view. In addition, the lock screen widget is expected to arrive in the next versions of the app later this year.
Clipper for Android
Another exciting announcement is the introduction of Clipper for Android. This app allows you to quickly capture screenshots, notes and snippets from anywhere on your device and save them directly to OneNote or other Microsoft 365 apps. A perfect solution for those who need to capture information on the fly.
Getting started with Clipper:
First, make sure you have the Microsoft 365 mobile app on your Android device. If you haven’t already, you can download it from the Google Play Store here. Once you install the app, you may notice a fixed Clipper notification in the notifications panel of your device. This allows you to easily pull images and text from the current screen with a single tap. If you prefer even more immediate access, you can take advantage of Clipper’s mobile icon. Place it wherever you want along the edge of the screen and, with a simple tap, you can extract content seamlessly.
- Go to Android settings and make sure that notifications for the Microsoft 365 app are turned on.
- In the fixed notification, select “Tap to crop“.
- At the prompt, it grants the app “Start Recording” permission to allow the screenshot to be captured.
Mobile Clipper Icon:
- Tap on the mobile icon found in the Clipper notification.
- When prompted, grant the necessary permissions to the Microsoft 365 app.
- Once granted, you will notice that the Clipper mobile icon is now available and ready to use on your screen.
Whether you choose to use the notification or the mobile icon, Clipper also gives you the option of directly saving a screenshot of the current screen on your device.
These updates represent not only the technological advancement of Microsoft 365 as an application suite, but also the company’s vision for the future of digital productivity. The path forward is clear: ever-increasing integration, greater customization, and streamlining of processes in order to offer users a platform that is truly cutting edge. With a keen eye on future trends and user needs, we look forward to finding out what other surprises Microsoft has in store.